tehsil / à®Ÿà¯†à®¹à®¸à®¿à®²à¯
An administrative area or region of India
A tehsil (Hindi pronunciation: [tahaseel], also known as tahsil, taluka, or taluk) is a local unit of administrative division in some countries of the Indian subcontinent that is usually translated to "township".
It is a subdistrict of the area within a district including the designated city, town, hamlet, or other populated place that serves as its administrative centre, with possible additional towns, and usually a number of villages.
The terms in India have replaced earlier geographical terms, such as pargana (pergunnah) and thana.
Synonyms of tehsil (ஒத்த சொற்கள்)
Example Sentences Of tehsil In English-Tamil
5) Abhona is the largest town in Kalwan tehsil after Kalwan city.
6) It is the headquarters of the Taxila Tehsil in the Rawalpindi district.
7) The famous Kishan Ganga Hydro Electric Project is also located in the Gurez Tehsil of Bandipora.
8) Syed Sawan Shah' s family left Khothian and move to Aadhi situated in Tehsil Gujar Khan where his followers were living.
9) There is no administrative unit below the subdivision or tehsil.
10) The system of partitioning, and also the nomenclature, vary in the different provinces; but generally it may be said that the subdivision or tahsil is the ultimate unit of administration.
11) Sahara is surrounded by Kanshiram Nagar Tehsil towards North, Mahamaya Nagar Tehsil towards North, Akola Tehsil towards South, Agra Tehsil towards East.
12) Before independence, Patti was a Tehsil of the Lahore district.
tehsil: Shabdshiksha English To Tamil Dictionary
We hope you understand the Tamil meaning and definition of 'tehsil' with Synonyms, Antonyms, Similar words, example sentences, and sentence usage. And I think you learned the Tamil translation of tehsil.
Stay with Shabdshiksha.com to learn English-Tamil new translations and word meanings like tehsil. And If you learn something about tehsil meaning in Tamil (tehsil தமிழ் அர்த்தம்) then share with your friends and close ones.