nostalgic / à®¨à®¾à®¸à¯à®Ÿà¯ˆà®²à¯à®œà®¿à®•
Nostalgia is a trick of the human mind. It's the feeling that comes over you when you're recalling a former happy time and for a moment you re-immerse yourself in it.
It's often triggered by a sensory input - a smell, a sound, a touch. Suddenly you're back in time to a period when you imagine you were wonderfully happy and you want to relive that time.
The problem is that it most likely isn't real. Human memory is selective. Studies show that on examination those past moments weren't really so great, but that we're wearing thick rose-colored glasses when we glance at them.
You smell gingerbread and suddenly you're back in Grandma's kitchen watching her decorate Christmas cookies.
The nostalgic episode may last for only a moment, or it might lead on to a whole chain of memories about the ancient radio playing in the kitchen and how you begged her to switch to that new rock-and-roll station.
Synonyms of nostalgic (ஒத்த சொற்கள்)
Similar Words (ஒத்த வார்த்தைகள்)
Example Sentences Of nostalgic In English-Tamil
5) The indignant young man accused him of being merely nostalgic.
6) You mentioning my brother makes me nostalgic about family.
7) I've been feeling nostalgic for the thrill of a homicide investigation.
8) The older fans of the original television series are willing to watch todayâ€™s reboot simply for nostalgic reasons.
9) After seven straight losses here, and almost eight, no one in the traveling party was feeling too nostalgic.
10) He worked there for 32 years and was somewhat nostalgic about the final departure of the plant.
11) It may be that few people who were there have devoted much time to nostalgic reminiscence.
12) It will give us the opportunity to get together and revive some nostalgic memories of school days.
13) Dolls are also collected by adults, for their nostalgic value, beauty, historical importance or financial value.
14) I was transfixed by this sentimental and nostalgic portrait of a 1930s Donegal family.
15) Stop being nostalgic about westerns and be open to seeing new types of films.
nostalgic: Shabdshiksha English To Tamil Dictionary
We hope you understand the Tamil meaning and definition of 'nostalgic' with Synonyms, Antonyms, Similar words, example sentences, and sentence usage. And I think you learned the Tamil translation of nostalgic.
Stay with Shabdshiksha.com to learn English-Tamil new translations and word meanings like nostalgic. And If you learn something about nostalgic meaning in Tamil (nostalgic தமிழ் அர்த்தம்) then share with your friends and close ones.